What do I need to know before I get started on my equity offering?
Do your homework.
Planning ahead is the most important ingredient in the recipe for successful equity crowdfunding. Here is a basic check-off list for what you need to know before starting your campaign:
1. Prepare all necessary legal documents
2. Brainstorm with business partners and close family and friends about your business model/strategy and product or service.
3. Update profiles on all major social media accounts. If you are not active on social media, start today. It is important to build followers weeks, if not months, before your campaign goes live. It is wise to have followers anticipating the launch ahead of time.
4. Research successful profiles of similar companies and products
5. Start working on your business plan
6. Make a detailed budget for your objectives and set your funding goal
7. Refer to our website and blog for advice and tips